The Ambassador Scholarship is awarded bi-annually to incoming freshmen, transfer, and current students. The scholarship is awarded for up to eight semesters for freshman and up to four semesters for transfers, provided a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 and 12 credits per semester are maintained and the recipient participates in all ambassador functions as assigned by the office of New Student Programs. As an ambassador, students meet weekly to coordinate and perform recruitment activities. While on scholarship, ambassadors are asked to participate in a variety of recruitment events including high school visits, student host weekends, campus tours, and other recruitment programs. Additional participation in recruitment committees and campus involvement is encouraged. University Ambassadors should be well-rounded individuals who have demonstrated ability in and outside the classroom and reflect a desire to fulfill the mission statement of Dixie State University. Because the primary function of the ambassador program is to assist future Dixie State students, ambassadors should have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work in team environments, and display enthusiasm for DSU. Students who have demonstrated extensive high school involvement in extracurricular activities such as student government, club involvement, service coordination, and other significant leadership opportunities are encouraged to apply. Your application should convey your skills, experience, and assets to the Reviewing Committee. (Following review of portfolios, applicants may receive an invitation to interview.)
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTSYour online application must include:
- Completed online application
- 1 page cover letter indicating your desire and qualifications to be a Dixie State University Ambassador.
- Upload to Vimeo or Youtube. Video must be 3-5 minutes long. Please be creative and show us who you are and why you want to be an ambassador.
- Completed Admissions process. Apply here for admission
- Applicants agree to attend DSU for two consecutive semesters. (summer semester not included)
- Completed Online Ambassador Scholarship Application (see section above).